Today I am so pleased to welcome Jacqueline Grey to Joyfully Jay. Jacqueline has come to share an exclusive cover reveal for her upcoming release, Piotr and the Beast. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you for having me here today, Jay! I am so excited to share with everyone the cover for Piotr and the Beast created by the wonderful Kanaxa. I love this cover, the cool wintery feel of the colors, and especially the beast on it. We had a lot of fun finding the perfect beast for Piotr’s story.
Piotr and the Beast is a standalone prequel to my modern-day, fairy-tale romance Ghost House. It takes place 300 years before Ghost House and tells the story of the first person Caius cursed. It is not necessary to read Ghost House before Piotr, but if you have, you will see the connection between the two.
When I first began writing Piotr, I had considered making Danil something different than just a beast, and while searching for inspiration I came across Blednica, a Slavic demoness who is known for leading people astray into the forest to die. Blednica is also the name of a village about 21 hours walk from Warsaw (thank you Google maps). It seemed the perfect location to use for Piotr and the Beast’s setting. For the purpose of the story, I created a forest between the two locations for Piotr to get lost in and fudged the timing of the creation of the University of Warsaw a bit, but I couldn’t resist the idea of starting the story in the village of Blednica.
GIVEAWAY TIME! I loved learning a new and interesting fact while writing Piotr. What random interesting facts have you picked up lately? Tell me one for a chance to win a copy of Piotr and the Beast! (The winner will receive their prize on the story’s release date.)
Piotr, a student seeking a brighter future at the University of Warsaw, makes a poor choice and gets lost in the forest. On the brink of death in the wintery woods, he finds salvation in an empty cabin.
Eleven years ago, Danil was cursed into the form of a beast, and his hometown of Warsaw was locked in a permanent winter. Resigned to life without friends, family, or a lover, he’s surprised to come home one night to find a young man asleep in his cabin.
A lost boy and a lonely beast, both in need of rescue. Together they might find the way to save themselves and each other.
Jacqueline Grey lives on an island on the east coast of the United States. She spends her time juggling her day job along with her many interests which include reading, writing, being a cat couch, and drinking tea. Sometimes she does more than one at the same time. She loves M/M romance and looks forward to bringing more stories of love into the world in the future.
Jacqueline has brought a copy of Piotr and the Beast to give away to one lucky reader. The prize will be given on the release date, March 25th. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, February 26th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.