Today I am so pleased to welcome Bethany Winters to Joyfully Jay. Bethany has come to talk to us about a new release, Like You Hate Me. Bethany has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
I turn my head to blow my smoke outside, remembering the first time I caught him and my sister behind the garage when they were fifteen, the little punks, laughing and whispering to each other as they passed a cigarette back and forth. I lost my shit and kicked him out of the house, but all he did was laugh.
I wish I’d killed him.
I wish I’d have known back then so I could have done more to stop him.
I wish he was dead instead of her.
Flicking the roach outside, I close the window and move over to sit on his bed next to him, carefully pulling the blanket down to reveal his body. Lying on his side with his leg hooked up, his lean arms are wrapped around his pillow, his dark hair hiding his face from me. He’s wearing a tiny pair of shorts and a black, short-sleeved crop top, the hem resting just below his sternum. I’ve caught him wearing skimpy little outfits like this a couple times before, but only ever when it was just him and Katy. He’d never wear something like this in public. God forbid his father finds out he’s got a queer little fairy boy for a son.
I graze my fingers over his stomach and up to his chest, stopping at the barbell I feel on his nipple. He’s got both pierced, I realize, and I hate it.
I hate how hot he is.
I hate how hot he makes me as I swirl my finger around the metal.
He doesn’t flinch. I move my hand a little lower, not caring if he wakes up and catches me touching him. He sleeps like a corpse, so it’s not likely.
Grabbing his knee, I carefully spread his legs and squint into the darkness, studying the small bruises all over him, glaring at the fresh cut I find on his inner thigh.
I don’t know what happened to him tonight, but I want to.
I want to know everything.
Lowering my head, I look up at his face as I run my lips over the soft flesh next to the wound, a low noise escaping my throat as I rub my hard dick beneath my sweats.
I don’t know what’s gotten into me.
This hate inside me feels like a living, breathing thing, and it wants Xavi Hart. Now that he’s within reach, it wants to take him and own him, to pin him down and punish him for what he’s done, to make him cry and beg for me to make it stop.
I’ve never hated anyone as much as I hate him.
The day my sister died, I told her best friend I never wanted to see him again, and I meant it.
I lost her because of him. Everything I used to care about means nothing now because of him.
It’s all because of him.
So when he shows up on my driveway two years later and tells me he’s moving in with me for his freshman year of college, I kick his ass and tell him to disappear. For good this time.
But I already know the defiant little brat’s not gonna listen. He never does.
Being near him again makes me crazy. I’m supposed to be the college basketball star my father raised me to be, but now I’m focused on a new game. I’m obsessed with watching him, touching him, breaking him. His body, his head, his heart, anything I can get my hands on…
I’m gonna take it all until he’s got nothing left.
And even though he knows exactly what I’m doing to him, he’s gonna let me do it anyway.
Bethany Winters is a Romance author based in the UK.
Connect with Bethany:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bethanywintersauthor/
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@bethanywintersauthor
- Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/bethanywintersauthor
- Join Bethany Winters’ Book Baddies: https://bit.ly/320AK49
- Website: https://bethanywinters.co.uk/
- Newsletter: https://bethanywinters.co.uk/subscribe
To celebrate the release of Like You Hate Me, Bethany is giving away a signed paperback of the upcoming release! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.