Today I am so pleased to welcome Edie Montreux to Joyfully Jay. Edie has come to share the cover for her upcoming release, New Year Not You. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you so much for revealing this gorgeous and festive cover for New Year Not You. Cate Ashwood captured Brady perfectly! I hope you all love it as much as I do!
New Year Not You is an enemies to lovers romance, one of my favorite tropes to read! The events of the previous New Year’s Eve changed both Brady’s and Tate’s lives, and neither of them would say it was for the better. Now, they need each other’s help. Brady needs six more hours of community service, and Tate needs a former daycare provider to make his kids’ charity event a success. Can they put aside their differences long enough to make it through their respective year-end celebrations?
For the $10 Amazon gift card giveaway, tell me about your favorite part of an enemies to lovers romance. Do you love the “enemies” part where they rip each other to shreds, the vulnerable and tentative development of feelings more like love, or the “lovers” part where they overcome their differences? What I loved most about writing New Year Not You was the ability to dive deep into the wrongs of the past. This is more than a “misunderstanding,” they each have what they believe is a legitimate reason to dislike the other. Are you looking forward to smoothing out the rough edges through continued exposure and discussion? Or are you looking forward to sparks flying when they realize there’s no one they want more in the world than that jerk who hurt them before? I read through the comments for each giveaway and I’d love to know what you think!
Last year, law student Brady Madison’s binge drinking left him naked, unconscious, and in trouble with the law. Now 350 days sober and with only two weeks to serve the last twelve hours of community service, Brady’s faced with another difficult choice: take an offer from the jerk who snapped the incriminating pics or spend the remaining hours in jail.
Tate Quinn’s snap judgment in Brady’s hotel room on New Year’s Eve ruined any chance he had of hooking up with Brady. Worse, his parents refuse to pay for another semester of grad school until he makes his mom’s New Year’s charity event a success.
Tate needs a volunteer to help him herd the cats, er, kids, at the New Year’s Eve afternoon party, and Brady has always been good with kids. Can they put aside their past anger and shame for six hours, or will these potential lovers turned enemies resolve to remain enemies in the new year?
New Year Not You is a 55k word enemies to lovers M/M Romance between a recovering alcoholic and a recovering man-child. This novel has an AA sponsor moonlighting as a DJ, a cold war between two moms, and two dudes who are not looking for true love (but find it anyway).
Pre-order Link: Amazon
Edie Montreux is demisexual and an ally for all aspects of the LGBTQ+ rainbow. She loves her husband, Queen, dogs, and video games. Edie works full time to support her writing habit. Somehow, she still finds time to walk the dogs and protect imaginary worlds from fantasy creatures.
Want more news from Edie?
- Newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/t7b1x6
- Website: https://ediemontreux.com
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorEdieMontreux/
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Edie-Montreux/e/B07LC56Z8J
Edie has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, October 24th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.